Guardian Angel Matching Fund Program Request
Are you currently employed?
Are you passing all courses?
The generous donors of USM have contributed to a dollar-for-dollar match program to assist you at Saint Mary!
Students with an EFC (Expected Family Contribution) on their FAFSA of less than $1,001 can apply. If you have unmet need, the university will match your earnings up to $2,500 a semester.
In order for your application to be considered:
- You must have unmet financial need for your Direct Costs (Account charges at USM) after all aid has been applied to your account.
- You must have completed all required documents necessary to be awarded financial aid.
- All funding has been accepted/applied to your account including loans you are eligible to receive.
- If you are a dependent student your parent must have already applied for the parent plus loan and either have been denied based on credit or accepted the loan in order to proceed.
The following conditions apply:
- Funding is limited. Requests will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds provided have been exhausted.
- If approved, the amount approved will be included in your award letter.
- Guardian Angel Match funds will never be used to create a credit on your account (For example if your charges are less than what we estimated or if you receive additional funding after being approved for Guardian Angel match, the match approved will be decreased).
- Guardian Angel Match will be applied twice per semester. Once in the middle of the semester and once at the end of the semester. We will take all payments that are made to the account into consideration.
We need to share your story to our donors. Please tell us a little bit about yourself, your background and how you came to USM. Please also let us know why you need this funding and how it would help you achieve your goals.
A minimum of 3 - 4 paragraphs are required for your application to be considered.
I understand that in order to apply for this request I need to have employment and have completed all necessary documents including the FAFSA to be eligible and that if approved the funding will never be used to create a credit. Any credit balance may be reduced as needed. I further understand that if I am dependent, my parent must have already applied for a parent plus loan to be considered for the Guardian Angel Match Program and that if approved USM will match my payments 1 to 1 for the amount approved.
By typing my name below and clicking the submit button, I agree and understand that the electronic submission of this form constitutes my official signature as stipulated by the University of Saint Mary and the state of Kansas.